Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Why Didn't I Think of That?




The products featured in yesterday's post reminded me of another invention that piqued my curiosity. I ran across it on ebay some months back, and a bit of web searching shows I'm not the only one who was impressed. But in case anyone missed it, here's a technological advance in protecting the offspring.

It's called a Snake Proof Baby Crib, was patented in 1914 and manufactured by the Caldwell Manufacturing Co. of Columbus, Ohio. Now, this raises a host of questions, most pressingly about just how bad the snakes-attacking-babies problem was in those years.

Maybe the patent has expired. It's gold, pure gold, Jerry!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I just read a report about an area in Iraq that is being completely overrun with snakes. The farmers are freaking. I think you could make a mint if you'd knock these things out and get them shipped fast! Better to stop the snakes over there before we have to fight them here. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cha-ching! So that's what they mean by monetizing my blog.

    ReplyDelete